Kid Rock Connects With Dinkville to Schedule Singles Match at His Home Court in Nashville
Kid Rock's singles partners were out of town so he turned to Dinkville to find him some players. Dinkville Members Chad Smith and Glenn Nabors were selected for the Dinkville Private because of their high activity in the Community Discord, being apart of Leagues/Organized Play, and for being great members in the Dinkville Community! Kid Rock was very appreciative of the process and looks forward to more Privates in the future!
Dinkville Private™️ is a Dinkville exclusive service. We match VIPs to vetted Dinkville members with similar DUPR ratings to create a great experience for all and make it easier for VIPs to find great competition any day, anytime, anywhere. Totally private. This can be at a private court of our VIPs or at an undisclosed location. Excited for many more amazing Dinkville Private games to come. If you are a VIP and you'd like to be privately matched with Dinkville Members, Please email email@example.com
Up Your Game Brought to you by The Dink:
Consistency Wins Over ATPs & Ernes
The thrill of hitting your first ATP… the excitement of connecting on an erne… these critical shots compose the highlight reels in our minds. But pro Dave Weinbach reminds us that these aren’t the true match-winners.
“Consistency of hitting unattackable shots, both on the dinks and the third shot drops, that’s number one” he says on the Eddie and Webby show.
In pickleball, the best players aren’t the ones hitting spectacular winners. The best players are those with the least unforced errors.
This is true at any level of play. So while we’re seeing ernes and ATPs from pros dominate the pickleball media sphere (that's on us, guilty as charged), we also have to keep in mind that it’s possible to defeat almost any opponent with consistent, unattackable shots…
…and a little offensive know-how. Dave adds that those who can force their opponents into error tend to win more matches.
“Make life miserable for your opponents, that’s how you consistently win in this sport.”
Overheard in a clinic: Mindset wins matches, particularly at 4.5 and below. You can simply outlast your opponent by playing a balanced, sound game and reducing unforced errors. You don't need to hit winners, just avoid losers. Let them make the mistakes.
Get to Know Our Member Shawn Donovan
- Who are you? Shawn Donovan
- When did you start playing pickleball? January, 2022
- How did you get started with Dinkville? I saw the story in the news and the rest is history
- Why do you love pickleball? The social aspect of playing with a variety of different players at all different locations while learning new techniques each week. Its also an activity I play with my crew at the firehoue to get us together having fun while also getting a physical workout
- What’s your favorite shot in Pickleball? The backhand punch
- What’s your goals this year in pickleball? -To organize a Pickleball Group in my neighborhood to get more neighbors together socially (I think Dinkville can help with this!) -Play in a tournament -The opportunity to play as much indoor and outdoor Pickleball as possible learning more each game
- What’s your advice to new players? -Start with the basics before moving into advance play -The practice of skills is just as important as playing games -Remember this game is supposed to be a fun social activity, yes its competitive, but at the end of the day its more important to keep learning then be hung up on your win/loss percentaage.
Today In Pickleball Brought to you by The Dink:
Mark Cuban Buys Into the VIBE Pickleball League
The VIBE Pickleball League officially announced its launch yesterday, providing details of its structure and overall plan. Most notably, they named billionaire entrepreneur and Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban is the league's first team owner.
"Just like millions of other Americans, I’ve been following pickleball over the past few years, and I couldn’t pass up the chance to invest in the fastest growing game in the country.” - Cubes
VIBE Pickleball is a six team league that will debut in February 2023. The league is endorsed by the PPA Tour and will include the majority of the PPA roster such as Ben Johns and Anna Leigh Waters. The league has also signed the #1 men's draft pick from MLP, JW Johnson and Dylan Frazier.
The gauntlet has been officially thrown down in the billionaire shootout for the future of pickleball. One Dink Editor took to Twitter to craft what's been dubbed the 'Definitive Tour Wars Breakdown,' so for those who have had trouble keeping up with all of the drama...
Even Mark Cuban himself enjoyed the breakdown, evidenced by the fact that he followed both Thomas and The Dink! Howdy, Mark.
PPA Texas Open Singles Recap
It was a war of attrition in the men's singles field at the PPA Texas Open. Double digit seeds were taking out players left and right. Ultimately, the tour's top dogs Ben Johns and Tyson McGuffin survived the chaos and will face off for gold on Championship Sunday.
- Christian Alshon pushed Johns to three games in the semifinal but could not complete the upset. Just last spring, Alshon led U Chicago tennis to a D3 national championship. Some are calling him 'the most hyped man in pickleball.'
- Former Venezuelan tennis pro and Davis Cup competitor Jhonnatan Medina Alvarez brought a unique style to the Championship Court and advanced to the quarterfinals
- Brandon Lane also made a quarterfinal run as the 45 seed, upsetting Dylan Frazier
- Pablo Tellez ended Jay Devilliers' day and earned a spot in the semifinals
The seven seed, Julian Arnold, finished in third. He powered through the back draw and out-swaggered Gabriel Joseph in a bronze medal match that needed to be televised.
In women's singles, Lea Jansen took out her doubles partner Catherine Parenteau in a strenuous three game semifinal. Jansen will take on Anna Leigh Waters on Championship Sunday.
Waters started her day with 31 unanswered points but struggled after the hot streak. She went to three games against Anna Bright in the quarterfinals and with Salome Devidze in the semifinals.
The weekend's action starts at 11:00 am EST each day., stream it live on PPATV.
For more information, View The Dink Newsletter Here
Forward this email or share this link Dinkville with anyone who wants to join our community of members.
As always, say hi anytime! Just reply to this email or sign up for the newsletter!
Landon Hallam, Dinkville Commissioner, Landon@dinkville.com